Image Map

International Literacy Association's Reading Today

Sunday, November 17, 2013

You know that light at the end of the long tunnel.... Well, I finally see it!  Although it seemed like a long tunnel to me, in the publishing world, it really was a short one.  One year ago this month, Francine Poppo Rich at Blue Marlin Publications gave me the best news a first time author wants to hear.  Now, after numerous revisions, it is ready to go to print! I can't tell you how excited I am.  Just wait until you see the collage style paintings by the talented award-winning illustrators, Lou Fancher and Steve Johnson.  They truly exceeded my expectations!  I am over the moon!  This week, my publisher informed me that the release date for Sofia's Stoop Story will be February 10, 2014.  Guess what everyone in my family is getting for Valentine's Day?  I'm just sorry that Uncle Frankie and my mom aren't here to see it.  However, I am grateful that they both knew that my dream to publish it was becoming a reality (before they passed away on December 21st and 27th last year).  They were both so happy that I wrote about our Italian-American family experiences on 18th Street.  And Uncle Frankie told his daughter, Elizabeth, that he always knew that I would make him famous.  LOL  I certainly hope I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment