Image Map

International Literacy Association's Reading Today

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

In October, I was invited to read and share my writing process with a Girl Scout Troop at Daniel Street Elementary School in Lindenhurst.  These girls were very attentive and asked great questions.  I informed them that they are the first group to see my dear Uncle Frankie's actual aluminum folder chair that he sat on because his "butt was too bony to sit on the stoop."  Notice how the webbing is worn from much use.  I use to take my mom's fairly new chair to my presentations, but when I signed on THE stoop at Uncle Frankie's house on 18th Street in May, my cousin gave me Uncle Frankie's well-worn chair.  He said that he had no idea why he saved this chair, because no one could actually sit on...now he knows why he saved it!  I am honored to share my dear uncle's chair with my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment